Our Faculty Team Building programs focus on building relationships. Whether it is new teacher orientation, inter/intra department development or support staff, these programs are sure to build espirit de corps and improve communication and trust. These programs may include:
Various ground-based activities designed to provoke thought about effective communication, problem solving, trust development, relationship building, and identifying support systems.
ZIP LINE CANOPY TOUR challenges participants to support one another and develop a true sense of a unified team. This program offers participants a memorable experience in which they will build relationships, communicate effectively, problem solve together, and challenge themselves and others to take the next step towards being a great leader.
Struggling to come up with a great idea for a class trip? Try out EMPOWER’s Class Trip Program. Up to 130 or more students can be accommodated for a fun filled and action packed event where self-discovery is the main focus. Students will have the opportunity to take part in our Zip Line Canopy Tour, Teambuilding Scavenger Hunt, and Tree Climb activities over the course of the program. The program will enable students to build relationships, identify their support systems, discover the leader inside of them, and challenge themselves physically and mentally.
EMPOWER also offers smaller programs for your smaller school groups. Whether you are a physical education teacher looking to close up your adventure education unit with a memorable experience, or a science teacher looking to explore the an awesome ecological environment; EMPOWER can put together a fun and educational program for your students and teachers.
Are you a Director of a summer program who is looking for something different and exciting to do with your campers? If you are, check out EMPOWER’s “The Big Day Away” program. EMPOWER can accommodate up to 130 or more campers for a fun filled and action packed event where self-discovery is the main focus. Campers will have the opportunity to take part in our Zip Line Canopy Tour, Teambuilding Scavenger Hunt, and Tree Climb activities over the course of the program.
EMPOWER leadership development programs are hands on training experiences where each person within your training group will have the opportunity to lead team challenges, facilitate planning sessions, and receive immediate group feedback. These one of a kind training programs utilize our powerful adventure experiences combined with skill building to teach participants how to plan effectively, manage group meetings, gain team commitment, and how to motivate and inspire others. Leadership development program curriculum can include any of the following:
1. ZIP LINE CANOPY TOUR – This is a super-fun shared experience that will have you flying through the tree tops over 5 zip lines, 2 sky bridges, 2 optional climbing challenges and 9 stations! We can facilitate the zip line course to be a “leadership of self” activity where self coaching and focus in the face of adversity are emphasized or as an extreme confidence builder. Leaders must have confidence in themselves to overcome challenges that at first may seem impossible. This can be relevant to CEOs and managers as well as students and athletes! We will work with you to coordinate these themes ahead of time.
2. TREE CLIMB – This partner assisted activity is perfect for emphasizing the importance of trust and communication amongst teammates and co-workers and illustrates the rewards of taking positive risks. Additionally, each tree climb has two climbing lanes if you like to compete with your co-workers or group members!
3. TEAMBUILDING Scavenger Hunt – This is a game where your group is divided into 2 or 3 teams and each team has to navigate through the woods finding different challenges and obstacles to overcome. Each obstacle and challenge has a point value and will require the group to think creatively, gain a consensus, delegate tasks, role play and improvise in order to accumulate the most points. The team with the most points at the end of the allotted time wins!
4. Zip/Hunt/Climb Challenge – This Challenge takes elements from all of our activities and combines them into a competitive game that everyone can take part in. Three groups are divided to have 4 people zipping through the trees and the rest of their team navigating the scavenger hunt. They must work together; neither can move on without the help of the other half of their team. This game ends with one person from each team climbing to the top of our tree climb. In this activity communication, leadership and teamwork are a must to win.
5. Pre-training reading assignment – A reading assignment can be an effective way to illustrate a learning objective or lesson prior to the Leadership Development program taking place. There are some very relevant leadership lessons that can be learned through reading.
6. Leadership Action Plans – These plans are formulated after a leadership adventure program. The action plan gives the individuals a tangible plan to walk away with that can help improve their organization and time management, renew a commitment or re-focus on a specific goal or objective.